Monday, May 18, 2009

3 YEARS!!

This past weekend was really fun. Mike & I got to go to the White Coat Reception and celebrated our 3 year anniversary!!

On Friday, the school had the White Coat Ceremony, which is kindof a swearing in for the first semester students. We didn't go to that but after the ceremony there was a reception for the whole school at a very nice club called Tantra. We got a free catered dinner and hung out at the club with friends and enjoyed some drinks. I usually don't like the "clubs" down here because they charge like $7+ for a drink and are indoors and way too fancy for me. I personally would rather go to a casual beach bar and listen to music and get a drink for $2! But overall, the White Coat Reception was fun because we never would have gone to club Tantra otherwise so it was cool to check it out!

Mike & I at White Coat









Saturday morning Mike went on a long bike ride with a father and son that are doing the triathalon with him. The father, Norman, actually owns the restaurant Taloula Mango's with his wife and they are putting on/sponsoring the whole triathalon in June. And his son, Cameron, is one of the high school seniors that Mike tutors. Mike really enjoyed the ride and I think it got him really pumped for the actual triathlon which is on June 7th.

Saturday night, Mike and I went out to dinner in Grand Case to celebrate our 3 year anniversary! Wow! I can't believe how fast 3 years went...and what a great 3 years they were ;) I have written about Grand Case before but it is such a gorgeous little town and is famous for its restaurants because they all sit right over the ocean and have amazing views. Our dinner was only pretty good but the view was amazing and it was fun to go out and celebrate. On our way home we stopped at a Gelateria and sat outside and enjoyed an amazing dessert! A great way to end the night!

Dinner in Grand Case & view from the restaurant

















On Sunday, Mike decided last minute to run a 10k to get him ready for his triathlon. I don't think it helped that we had such a rich dinner the night before, but he pushed through and did great anyway! It was fun to watch and there was actually a really good turnout for the race!

Mike's 10k (notice they don't clear traffic for a race like they would back home since there is basically only 1 main road around the island here!!)









So, since Sunday was our actual anniversary, I used that as an excuse for us to go to breakfast at our favorite French bakery after Mike's race. I just can't get enough of that place...it is right on the lagoon and has the best pastries and coffee. We even got some desserts to take home when we left!! :) Then we spent the rest of the day just hanging out and relaxing until Mike had to go to work at the library and I finally had to get back to the books! It was such a great, laidback anniversary day!! :)

Our breakfast spot at the French bakery & the AMAZING dessert we took home

















So this week, like always, I will be studying studying studying. I can't believe it but next Monday I already have my first set of block exams for my 3rd semester. Time goes so fast! Mike has his new job at the library keeping him really busy in addition to his normal tutoring, standardized patient work, & triathlon training.

With time going so quickly I am already starting to count down the days until we get to come home for a bit at the end of July!! I can't wait...but until then I better concentrate on studying so I don't have to study while I am home!!

Miss you all!!!

Love,

Carly & Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment