On Monday, I had my first set of block exams for my second semester. For those of you who don't know, my school uses a 'block exam' schedule. This means that we have 4 'blocks' per semester and a block exam day is a day with no class, just tests. So I had 3 tests on Monday in Molecular & Cellular Biology II, Immunology & Infection, and Physiology I. Overall, my exams went OK (2 B's and 1 A) but of course I want to make Dean's List again this semester so I would like to do better on the next set of exams! This was a tough block though and my class, as a whole, did not fare well and there are a lot of unhappy people. So compared to most, I am fairly happy with how my exams went. For example, in Physiology, the class average was a failing grade and 90+ people (out of 160) failed the exam...so I am happy with my B!! :) Hopefully people can pick it up in the rest of the semester because I would hate to see anyone fail!
Aside from school, life here on the island has been pretty uneventful in the past couple of weeks. Mike got another tutoring job so he has been busy tutoring and teaching swim class. Next week he starts his fake patient duties at my school so that should be interesting for him and he has a lot of fun acting out the cases! He is going to be a patient with multiple myeloma. I start my clinical medicine class in March so it will be hard to keep a straight face if I get Mike as one of my patients!
As I write this, Mike is skim boarding down at the beach with our friend Micah who is one of my classmates. I myself have been seriously neglecting the beach since I have been studying so much and I have lost most of my tan (major problem, I know...haha!). So the big plans for this coming weekend include a little studying, going to the beach, and watching the super bowl with friends. We are going to our friends Micah & Katie's place to watch the super bowl and we are doing a good old bring-an-appetizer-to-share party so that should be delicious! Mike and I are going to ATTEMPT (note the emphasis on attempt) to make a crab rangoon dip that we saw on food network!
Well, like I said, not many things to update you all on! I hope everyone has a great day and we both miss all of you friends and family and we feel very lucky to have you all in our lives!! And by the way I am starting to REALLY get excited for all of the visitors we have coming this semester. For those of you who are coming...I can't wait! And for anyone else it is an open invitation to come stay with us if you ever want to visit St. Maarten...just check with me about schedule first :)
Bye bye for now!
~Carly & Mike
P.S. Here is a little glimpse of St. Maarten for anyone who hasn't seen pictures :)
(The pictures are of: Front entrance to my school, view of my apartment building at sunset, Mike & I w/ Micah & Katie at the Westin hotel, Mike & I at the Westin, and Grand Case beach)



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteShouldn't Micah be studying instead of going to the beach? Hope he's not one of the 90!
ReplyDeleteFinally above 0 here in MN. We're looking forward to seeing you on 3/7!